Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Dreaded Day 3 - Shake, Rattle and Roll

Am I hungry, or just withdrawing? Do I have the shakes, or am I just detoxing? Is my central nervous system packing it in, or is it just the addiction?

Every cell in my body is quivering! Like low level panic. Like electricity being leaked into my system. Zzz! Zzz! zZZ!

Harder to give up than heroin? Personally, I found heroin much easier to quit than tobacco.

Ha, Ha.


Kane called, he's coming over to give me a massage, smooth me out, tide me over, relieve the tension. He's been finishing and submitting his thesis. Oh? I see? Well, that's a pretty damn good excuse, I thought. Hmm?

I've got 4 short stories written, I'd better get on and write some more. But, who can work with these shakes and this foggy head? I just feel like watching movies.


a few hours later...

I pulled my tax together for the last 2 years, that must count for something?

An organic cherry muffin cheers me up... not unlike that buzz-cut wog boy in the lime green t-shirt with the nice smile could have...

I'm giving up now and I'm going to watch "I'm not there."

I haven't seen too many Heath Ledger or Cate Blanchett films to decide if either of them are any good. The few Heath Ledger films I've seen have left me thinking that he is way overrated. The Dark Night, it seemed to me that Heath was on some trip of his very own, kind of separate to the rest of the cast. Brokeback Mountain, for most of the film Heath was unintelligible. Call me old fashioned, but I like to be able to understand what my movie characters are saying. Candy was okay. I switched A Knights Tale off before it was finished. Awful.

I've seen Cate in The Talented Mr Ripley and Lord of the Rings, but I can't remember seeing her in any thing else.

 

2 comments:

Bold oy! said...

Try Elizabeth!
That's actually the only one I have seen with Cate but I liked that.

FletcherBeaver said...

I'm off to the video shop (funny how we still call them video shops) to return the last batch, I'll get it out.