Sunday, February 22, 2009

Life Goes On

Tom,

Last night as I played pool with Shane, Mark W and D, we all had a moment where we were all standing looking at one another, tuned into each other at exactly the same time, waiting for the next person to take their turn. I looked from Shane, to Mark W to D's faces and I thought of you - you should have been there, like once you would have been. Fifteen months after you died, there were your four best mates living life, being guys together, playing Sunday night pool. I know you would have been pleased. I know you would have smiled. I know you would have had a tear in your eye.

As David would say, Tom was right there with you, that's why you thought of him. Nice idea David, but I don't know?

And life goes on. Unfaltering. Unswerving. Indomitable. Incessant. Unstoppable. We're all just fodder for time, nothing else. There is no great mystery.


No comments: