Wednesday, April 29, 2009

All Sick of Something

It's amazing for two boys who are "allegedly" lactose intolerant, how much of my milk was drunk while I was away in the country. Not that I care - I know it sounds like I do, but I don't really - drink what you like, I say. But they make such a point of it. Sad face. "Oh no, I can't drink that." Rub tummy. Big eyes. Actually, David is on some blood type diet which disallows milk for his blood type. For me too, we're the same blood type.

Can you be lactose intolerant only when you have to buy the milk?

Wheat, Glutton, seeds, pollen, nuts and now, I hear, fruit and vegetables... if you haven't got an allergy you are simply not a child of the 21st Century.

Whenever I hear of someone with a nut allergy, I just want to slip a peanut in their food. Their tongues swell up and turn blue, fill their mouths, like some demented Chow dog. It would be fascinating to watch. Ha, ha.

We all seem to be intolerant to something? More and more intolerant every day.

You know, I like the metaphor, it's for life. We're all becoming generally more and more intolerant. It's true. The clever, modern, super slick, smarty pants society is making us all sick - inside and out.

Is this the planet retaliating for us not looking after it, do you think?

You know, it would only be a millennium and the planet would wipe any trace of us from it's surface, that's how clever we really are.


2 comments:

Adaptive Radiation said...

Maybe they had a vomitting fetish?

FletcherBeaver said...

Oo! What a thought?