Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Nurse Says I'm Wonderful

Mum's nurse told her that I was a wonderful son for the way I was looking after her.

It's amazing how your opinion of someone can just change like that. Ha, ha. God I'm cheap, completely turned around with a little praise.

Of course, the fun game of antagonising the nurse may have to stop now. Oh, not that I was really antagonising her ever, I just didn't want her to be telling me what to do all the time. She is just supposed to be calling in to supervise my mothers pill taking. Five minutes, in an out. The habit she had of leaving messages on my answering machine with the latest instructions for me seems to have stopped.

And she thinks I'm wonderful. Well, every second day I'm over there. Fuck, I'm not easily won over, hey?

I guess I've said this before, to watch my university educated, world travelled mother not being able to think of the words to construct a sentence, it's too much, it breaks my heart. There is nothing wonderful about what I am doing, she is my mother.

 

No comments: