Sunday, April 05, 2009

Saturday Night @ the Comedy Festival

I went to see Wes Snelling's show, Kiosk, with my step daughter, Jane. I love Wes, he is so clever. He does good stuff. Funny. Original. Clever. Very Wes. There were a couple of dead spots in the production, but they were minor. I've seen a few of his shows and have loved them all.

Then we went to see Arj Barker, at the town hall. We bought tickets an hour before he went on, stayed in the queue when everyone said it was doubtful we'd get seats at all and we got some of the best seats in the house. He's so funny. No to mention handsome. We laughed all the way through.

I think stand up is my favourite form of comedy. Maybe my very favourite form of entertainment.

I wanted to see Janeane Garafalo, but, of course, she is booked out. We're going to book to see Will Anderson, after easter. And I'm off to see Dylan Moran in a couple of weeks with my mate Jill. (They say Dylan Moran and I are alike, actually Bernard and I.) 


No comments: