Monday, August 09, 2010

Life is Beautiful

The sky is blue, life is beautiful. The cold, brittle shadows of the morning are lifting in all their damp, dark beauty and the dew is beginning to sparkle in the sun's yellow rays.

Ooh, he's feeling poorly, today. If only I hadn't started on that red wine when I got home. Oh, what was I thinking? As if the interminable walk up G Street hadn't told me anything. How does it get that never ending upward arc? Up hill all the way. It's like climb every mountain. No, nothing, it told me nothing. the one foot in front of the other routine. Stagger, stagger. A clue? An idea? No, not for a second. I was straight for the bottle of wine, that's what happened. And after that it all becomes a little fuzzy.

A sweet muffin and a brewed coffee and... ah, life, there you are, I recognise you now.

Life is beautiful, as a sweet muffin and a brewed coffee is all I intend to do today. He, he. Ha, ha. What are the poor people doing? The sad twats? He gazes in the mirror, as he sips his second coffee.

Life is beautiful, it's a positive, fucken, affirmation.


No comments: