Monday, August 02, 2010

Me and the Cat and a Sunny Monday

I just thought I'd relax and not think too much today. What's with my head? Maybe, I've got too much going on at the moment. But quietly, behind my hand, I don't think I have.

So, just take a day and chill.

I farted around, did washing, trawled the Internet, patted my cat, paid bills. Shane's in Sydney, so I've had a good twenty four hours of "me" time.

I baked a chicken roast, for Shane, that Tim gave me. Tim so loves those specials at Coles. He makes me laugh. Shane's been in Sydney with a F/B misbehaving and he said he'd need protein when he got home.

"What? Protein administered from the opposite end to how you had it for the previous two days?"

He didn't get it, clearly he's going to be in a state.

I baked a lemon cake. This is a really big fuck off lemon cake with almond meal and polenta and lemon sugar syrup poured all over it when it is still hot out of the oven. It was supposed to cook for 2 hours and at 2 1/2 I took it out. It sunk a bit in the middle, oh well.

Do I feel any different? Dunno? I've been stoned. Nicholas gave me a take-home package. Bad Christian. It's not exactly the state to be in to let your most recent history wash over you.

And, of course, today I have had a head ache from all the smoking. Hands in the air! Will I ever learn? Go on, call me stupid.

 

1 comment:

Pandora Behr said...

Will have to swap lemon polenta cake recipes with you - mine only takes 1.5 hours to cook.