Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sam's Birthday

It was Sam's birthday, oh, my, I so messed it up. I didn't buy him anything. I didn't know what to get him and he wouldn't give me any ideas. A geek IT boy who has every gadget known to man? (He even has 3 robot dogs) What do you get him?

And, I'm not a good present buyer at the best of times. I always leave it to the last minute, hoping inspiration will come to me, or at least, better inspiration.


What do you want?

Nothing, don't worry.

But, I could tell he wasn't being completely honest with me. Give me some idea?

I don't want anything.

But, I could tell by the look in his eye... you know when you know. He did want something and he wanted me to surprise him, charm him, be clever.


And I forgot he was taking the day off, which I, kind of, gave away when he said he was coming over last night.

"Oh, that will be nice?"

"You don't remember, do you?"

"Um... remember what?


At 7pm, I realised I should have cooked him the Red Velvet cake that I had been planning to cook him. Make it, put candles on it and sing him happy birthday. That would have done it. Idiot! How could I forget?

If I'd had my very own Masterchef moment in the kitchen, involved him in the process, been together as I made it and then had gone viola at the end, he would have been charmed, he would have loved it.


But I didn't. (sad face)

I'm a crap boyfriend.


No comments: