Friday, July 29, 2011

I Hadn't Seen Sam For A Week

Sam came over after work. I haven't seen him for a week, not since last Friday when we spent the day together and he told me how he was coming down with something.

I vanished that night, saying I was heading home to my bed, as he had the painter coming early on Saturday morning. But, he was under no illusion, I was clearing out because of his dreaded lurgies.

He's been a bit miffed that I had opted to keep away from him while he had a sore throat and felt like he was coming down with something.

"I see," he said.

He wanted to catch up a few times during the week, but I opted for waiting for when he was fully recovered.

"I don't want to be off work and sick at the same time, you must understand that?"

"Oh yes, I understand alright."

So, as you can understand, he was a little feisty by the time I saw him on Friday night.

Very, on the "go" was he. And very relaxed was I.

So, I decided he had to be "calmed" down. It's a devious trick, but it had to be done. I was going at a much slower speed than he.

So, when Shane said he was heading to the supermarket to get supplies for dinner, after he'd gone, I reached for the button on Sam's jeans.

It worked a treat, he was much nicer to lie next to on the couch after that. Besides, I hadn't seen him for a week and I was pretty keen myself.

Big smile.


No comments: