Monday, May 13, 2013

Some People Just Can't be Helped

The last day at Stupidity & Co for a month. The last day with brainless Elaine, fat dope, thank god! Until June. Jesus! Until June. Just four weeks respite.

She nearly drove me nuts, today. OMG! She is a complete idiot, she knows nothing… and sadly, she seems to think she knows what she is doing. She seems to think her way is the right way… and it just isn't. And she won’t be told, on nearly everything. And that is the crux of the problem. If she knew nothing and was willing to learn and was open to instruction, it wouldn't be so bad, but no. She is too busy saving face, herself, she is too busy trying to prove she knows what she is doing.

Sam bought my lunch to me, heated up by his fair hands, and then he took me to a secret place to eat it, so he said. In truth, it turned out to be a small square in Little Collins Street, just down from Queen Street. We sat on a seat in the sun and ate our noodles. He's lovely, my boyfriend.

I instructed Elaine on what to do, and how to do it… but she kind of argued the point, resisted what I was telling her. I helped her with processes, but she wanted to continue doing it her way, the wrong way and she didn’t seem to want to listen.

She is the type to blame me when I am gone. I know that, I can see it in her, I can hear it even before I have left the building.

“Oh, he wasn’t much.” Laugh. “And they called him an expert.” Another laugh, big eyes. She would be reassured by her ignorance, comforted that she was building herself up.

I ran for my life at 5pm, which probably won’t go well for me, for my assessment, even if I am considering asking Jack to replace me in the role. 3 more days in June, I can live without them. It would be the first time I have ever asked to be replaced in an assignment, but, Jack loves me, so I reckon I can risk it, maybe once.

Elaine just doesn’t have a clue.

Gay Derwood, the financial director, asked me to report on the company systems and to suggest where they might improve their processes, where they may be lacking.

Derwood Baby, the problem you have is Elaine. She is the problem, she is a complete dickwad. How you can't see that speaks volumes about you, buddy.

It was quite dark and felt like winter, as Sam and I walked along Gertrude Street towards home. I was exhausted, practically dragging my feet. Actually, quite the opposite was true. Yes, I was mentally exhausted, but the relief of getting out of that office put a spring in my step. I was scampering away from them with gusto.

No comments: