Saturday, August 17, 2013

Saturday

I felt tired for the last few days, like that is a surprise. It's only to be expected, really. I wondered about DVT and all that sitting I did on the plane. Should I have taken aspirin? I know, I should have taken more Valium, getting really out of it is really the only way to fly. No, really, it is. The more drugs the more enjoyable the flight it, that is a well known fact.

I wondered if anything would have helped?

This morning was sleep in day, the first since we went back to work, so we slept in until 10am. That’s pretty good, I thought. We had an appointment at The Genius Bar at 11.30am. I thought Sam was going to make it for later in the day. And he said he did, as originally it was 11am. Ha ha.

The immediate problem was coffee, we’d been out of beans since Thursday. Sam didn’t want to come with me, he wanted me to go on my own. I wanted him to come too and I wanted to walk Buddy also. So, without really making a big deal out of it, I simply put Buddy’s harness on him, so he was excited and Sam couldn’t say no to his cute little face. Then the two of us just stood there and looked at Sam.

It worked. The sun was shining.

I bought coffee and ciabatta bread and bananas and butter. I brewed the coffee. I toasted the bread smothered it in butter and then squashed the bananas onto it.  
 I bought a bag of oranges too, they are a great desert substitute. Good snack food.
So Chadstone? How to get there? My CityLink needed to be toped up, I’d had a “low balance alert” for ages, so I did that before we left. I asked the nice guy at CityLink why I hadn’t had a statement for 12 months. He told me that I got one in July, but they were now online.

“I could make it…something, or something, or something,” to tell you the truth I didn’t listen to what he said. “You just log on using you account number and the same password.”

It is time to embrace everything online. I spend most of my life sitting in front of my laptop. “Thanks. I can look them up online.” Easy I thought.

And I did look it up. Easy. It showed me that it cost nearly $6 to travel along the south eastern freeway. $12 return. I promptly decided not to use CityLink and to use Burnley Street instead.

Is that stingy? $12 is expensive to pay CityLink especially when the South Eastern was an existing road. I put $10 worth of petrol in my car instead.

Chadstone. What a sad place. All those people who can’t think of any better form of entertainment than shopping. All those people who can’t find a more interesting way to spend their time. Spending money, more often that they don’t have, is the only thing they can think of to fill their lives?

Sam’s iPhone developed spots on its digital images. Great. All the photos we took at the end would be spoilt, if I wasn’t a whizz with Photoshop. They replaced the phone.

I looked at a new Cannon SLR 700D in JB. My Cannon Powershot has developed focusing problems. It has been my first non SLR camera and it was always a mistake, I felt. SLR’s have halved in price too.

We ate Indonesian at the group of restaurants up Warrugal Road a bit. Bamboo. The food was great. Yum. I’d recommend it. It is quite different to other Asian food. I reckon is could almost be my favourite.

We visited mum, she is just up the road from Chadstone and the Indonesian restaurant. Sam came with me. He was going to wait in the car, but it seemed a little stupid. He said he’d come in and he met mum for the first time. We took her to her room and sat on her bed and chatted. We didn’t stay for very long, maybe half an hour. Sam told me I was mean not staying for longer. Mum seemed fine. Kind of fine. Fine for someone who has had Alzheimer’s for four years.

We came home and drank coffee, as the afternoon light began to fade. But, I wanted to go out and breath in fresh air, so we too Buddy to the dog park. It was 5pm, there was just enough time, besides it is nice to see the day out, to watch the light fade, to witness another day end, in the middle of an open field surrounded by grass. It is the luxury of winter, seemingly transitioning halfway through the afternoon to night. Pull your collar up, feel the night air blush against your cheek.

We went to woollies or, at least, Sam went to Woolies at the Hive. Buddy and I hung out on the street, rather than waiting in the car, waiting for Sam to come out. Everyone seems to smile at Buddy. We loitered at the doorway for our honey. He came out with bananas, a huge bag for $1.50. Bananas for everyone. I must make a banana cake. What about coconut banana cream pie, I have always wanted to make one ones of those.

We watched TV, Ocean’s 11 and Journey to the Centre of the Earth. Hollywood makes some shit films.

No comments: