Thursday, June 05, 2014

Don't Ruin My Day, Jack

Oh yes, of course, Jack phoned in the middle of my photo editing and gave me an assignment for a month starting today. He called early and I ignored him. Don't ruin my day, Jack, I thought. 

But when he called the second time, I answered. Bugger! What is with this stupid work ethic? Why does work have to get in the way of the important things in life, I ask you? I was perfectly happy pissing around at home, and now I have to travel across town - okay, it is only the next suburb, but it is on the far side of Richmond, almost to the river, where there is no where to park... unless you pay and even then it is not guaranteed, unless you get there early.

Sam rolled his eyes and called me a whinny baby. It's okay for him, he who gets to walk to work. He put his hand up - as in 'talk to the hand' - as I, well, moaned, there is no denying it. Ha ha, he he! Isn't that what boyfriends are for, I ask you?

I mentioned the boyfriend agreement and after he stopped laughing, he said, without missing a beat, that clause 78 subsection 5 specifically stated that one boyfriend was not to cause the ears of the other boyfriend to bleed.

What could I say?

He said, "Case closed."

"But, but..." I wasn't finished being... um... self indulgent.

"You do realise that some people travel hours to work?"

"Yes, but they are stupid people, doing stupid things, and they only have themselves to blame... and they are not relevant here."

What could he say?

Sam shrugged and gave me "that look." (Kind of pursed lips, head slightly tilted forward, looking at me with his piercing eyes up against his top eye lids) "You are being ridiculous." (I love the way he says ridiculous, with his accent, it always makes me melt just a little)

What could I say? I had been winy enough by that point. Smile.

No comments: