Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sick Of My Sore Toe

It's cold, really cold, and I don't feel the cold, not normally, but I am this morning. Big woollen jumper, two t-shirts, track pants and big, warm socks into which my track pants are tucked. I know, I have to check myself before I leave the house it is not a look in which one can venture out. But, shrug, still I am warm.

I am still hobbling around on my sore toe, it is my left foot too and I have a manual car. The pharmacist thinks I may have broken it, me, who has never broken anything. He wasn't at all convinced when I told him that I thought I could still bend it. Apparently, you can still bend a broken toe. Who'd have thought?

He rolled his eyes when I told him that I'd made two doctor's appointments both of which I have cancelled. I know, I know, once was because of work and the other... um... boyfriend time.

"Strap it up and go to the doctor," he said.

Did you know that there is a myriad of strapping bandages in the chemist, a whole shelf of them, prompting Sam to quip, "How clumsy is everybody?"

It is beginning to get me down, as it heads into the second week. I'm going to call the doctor.

I didn’t make a doctor’s appointment, I don’t know why? I’m sure I was thinking that I wanted to get the carpet man all confirmed for Friday and then I’d make the doctor’s appointment around that. I called the carpet man to confirm, but he didn’t call back. Bloody tradesmen! I'm slow in organising such things and when they don't turn up it ruins all my plans. We're having a party on the 21st, I wanted it done before  then. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

David came for dinner. We ate Japanese Curry. We watched the Normal Heart, which was okay, nothing special, really to be honest.  Long Time Companion was a better film. I find those beginning of the AIDS epidemic movies a bit old hat now. I’ve seen it all before. We’ve moved on.

No comments: