Thursday, January 01, 2015

Beauty of the New Year

I was awake at 6.55pm. I can't believe it is January again, just like that. I can't believe is it 2015, the decade is already half finished.

I think the most beautiful woman who ever lived was Ava Gardener. There are some images of her where your mouth just drops open. To be so blessed?

I'd read the news, checked Facebook, and I was pissing around online, this morning, when I saw a photo of Jane Russell, you know as you do (some days I catch myself reading about French Provincial Doors), that was incorrectly labelled Ava Gardner. I tut tutted and said, "Morons." I caught myself and had to laugh. I think that may just be the definition of an old queen, being able to pick out either Jane Russell or Ava Gardener from a line up. I pictured them all - maybe throw in Elizabeth Taylor as a decoy. Joan Crawford. Bette Davis, all in their hey day, of course. I don't want the people picturing Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, you understand. I laughed a throaty laugh. (clearly I have smoked too much over the Xmas Period) Throw in Elizabeth Taylor a day before she went into rehab. Could you imagine that line up? - in front of a black wall, bright lights, in head scarf and big sunglasses (all with a cigarette in hand) pulling their best dramatic actrine faces.

(Of course, they would be ordered to remove the sunglasses, it was a line up after all, a request they would comply with unwillingly... I knew them when they threw knives)

Just for the record, I think Natalie Wood was the second most beautiful woman whoever lived.

No comments: