Friday, April 03, 2015

Easter, a Chocolate Festival

I ate one easter egg, it was a bunny, but an easter egg none the less. That was it. The two chicks I work with left one from each of them on my computer yesterday morning when I got to work. It never occurred to me to buy them one. I said, "Thank you," quietly and stopped myself from making any excuses for not buying them one, I think it is better that way and besides, I don't really care. There is no use drawing attention to how sensible I am. :)

What has happened to easter eggs? I remember easter eggs as a kid were made of special, magical chocolate that made them so so different to all other chocolate you could buy at different times of the year. That chocolate made easter eggs special. We even called it Easter egg chocolate, when making comparisons to other chocolate. It was the benchmark to what all other chocolate was held.

I don't think my eater egg was made out of that magical special chocolate. I don't think it was made from high grade chocolate even. It feels as though easter chocolate has been quantified, costed and replaced with the cheapest unit price chocolate, like everything else in the capitalist bastardised world.

Or was that childhood imagination? Rose coloured glasses and all that. Did easter eggs ever taste special?

No comments: