Thursday, April 23, 2015

Fail! That Doesn't Look Like a Shopping Centre.

We went to Caroline Springs because Sam wanted to buy a Windows based Nokia phone on sale from Office Works to play with (it is no surprise to me that he like Big Bang Theory) and this was the only shop in Melbourne that had the stock. 

We're both unemployed, so why not go on an adventure.

"Do you know where Caroline Springs is?" asked Sam.

"No, no idea," I replied.

When our GPS said, "You have reached your destination," this is what we were looking at.

Fail!





I thought we were heading to the Caroline Springs shopping centre, so you can understand my, well, um, amusement when we got to this point.

We turned around and headed back down the road to the sign that said, of all things, Caroline Springs. We went old school from there, using our eyes.

Actually, I did know Caroline Springs, I'd been there before, I realised once we were there. There is no shopping centre there, as such, but there is a business centre, which is where we found Office Works.

Then we went to Footscray for lunch. I like Footscray, it is kind of like what Fitzroy was like before the tourists and the Y Gens arrived... and the property developers and the rampant blocks of flats and the food snobs and the traffic. Not exactly, but it still has that bohemian feel to it, kind of. I like a bit of grunge, it makes me feel alive. Actually, to tell you the truth, it looked a little depressed today.

I finally tossed the clock from our kitchen mantle piece into the bin this morning, as I was sick of it being 10.25 constantly, despite me knowing that whatever we'd done to make it go had failed, I still thought, momentarily at times, the the time it was showing was correct. It is amazing, you realise, how many times you look at a clock once it isn't working. We bought an analogue clock this time, but it ticks, so it is going to have to be replaced. It didn't sound like it had a loud tick in the shop, but at home it sounds like a metronome. It's like living in Guantanamo Bay. Admittedly, I am a little sensitive to ticking clocks.

No comments: