Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Oops... oh... how did I do that? Happy Birthday.

Oops. Some how I deleted my blog roll? The blogs I like. Damn! I'm really not sure how I did that? Stupid me. How was I so stupid? I never do stuff like that, it makes me look like a techno moron, like when Auntie Leanne says she doesn't know what Outlook is, or some such thing. 

"I thought you were talking about some scenery shots," she said. 

Grrrr! And I have no idea when it happened? Head spin. (well, head spin is a little dramatic, it isn't really so important, not life and death, just annoying) Now to put them back. Oh, where to start? 

Perhaps, it is time to pick some new blogs to like? Does that even make sense? You can't pick blogs to like, you can only like the blogs you like. Oh, you know what I man. Oh, sure you can, it is just a short cut to reading other blogs, what the hell.

It has been raining for 3 days here, since Monday. We didn't, actually, get the month's worth of rain in 12 hours as the weather bureau predicted on the weekend, it was more like a lot of rain in 3 days. I wonder if it was even a month's worth? There has been flooding, not where I live, in the country. It seems like there is flooding every year now. I'm sure we never used to have flooding every year?

It has just stopped raining, as I wrote this, the sun even came out momentarily, but it has gone again now. It is now overcast and bright. Hand over my eyes as the bright grey burns into my retinas.

I like the rain, no, I do. In fact, thinking about the summer coming up and those 40 degree days, the string of over 40 degree days, I laughed to myself, instead of wanting to move some where warmer, as everyone seems to do now a days, I thought I'd like to move some where colder. Tasmania would be ideal, if it wasn't for the pesky water in the way.

I gave up smoking 3 days ago. Quit. Stopped. I'm now a non-smoker again. It is just the 3 days of angst that is still going.

It's my birthday too. Buddy and I are spending the day in bed. Streamers and balloons and a jam and cream sponge, with pink icing, would have been nice... but no. Sam appeared at the bedroom door, when I thought he'd have my birthday treats, and said, (words to the effect) "Get your lazy arse out of that bed and put the bins out." (to be fair, Sam makes me my breakfast every morning, and many of those mornings he delivers it to me in bed, so I have nothing to complain about) I looked over at the French Doors to see the rain falling heavily. That was 3 hours ago. I put the bins out with an umbrella, wearing my clogs. The choice by the back door was thongs, crocs or clogs, so I chose the most water proof. So there I was on my birthday morning, 7am, in the pouring rain, teetering down the cobble stoned lane way holding an umbrella in one hand, trying to pull 2 bins with the other hand, slip sliding away, trying to keep the bins upright, as they threaten to topple over with each uneven cobble stone.

No comments: