Saturday, September 10, 2016

Until Death Do We Pass

You know what I hate, the term "passing."

It’s been 1067 days since answering the door early that Sunday morning to be greeted by two policemen who delivered the news of your passing.

Your passing affected each of us in such different ways.


I always want to laugh whenever I hear somebody say it, as I picture a car full of gangsters passing me in a brown 1948 Ford, whistling and hooting with their guns in the air. (I'm not exactly sure why) I think I have even laughed on occasion, stifled laughed, of course. "Oh, that is awful." (snigger, snigger)

The term is death people. 

It’s been 1067 days since answering the door early that Sunday morning to be greeted by two policemen who delivered the news of your death.

Your death affected each of us in such different ways.


Is this political cor
rectness - you know political correctness doesn't mean what it once meant. Today, it means anything somebody says that we don't like. All the harsh words are out, only the cuddly words are in. We don't want to hear anything that makes us feel remotely uncomfortable. Or is it we don't want to hear any words that we don't want to have to explain to the children?

Do I hate it because if is effectively a denial of what has just occurred? No awful death, nothing nasty, just a passing, nice and clean and homogenised. All sweet.

Or, do I hate it as it is so often uttered, was originated used by, the deluded religious community. They are passing to a better place... (maybe, this is the point that I stifle a snigger?) Um, no they are not, they are either about to be burnt, or dropped in the ground as worm food. There is no better place, this was it, this was their shot, they have died and now it is over.

Nobody is passing anywhere, that is just denial. No matter how much you want it, there is nothing after death. That is it. Dust and worms is the only thing promissed.

I have this discussion with David all the time. Of course, he thinks god is anything you want it to be, and death is just a moment in anyone's lives, with his new age spirituality bullshit... it is a doorway, or a portal, or some goddam shit, that we pass through to the other side, or some such nonsense.

Or is it just another step down the path to being the 51st state. You know, those Americans who have a word (or 100) for everything.

...as always, this is just what I think, think what you like people, it is a free world. Object, deny, tell me I am wrong, but have an opinion, preferably based on something real... and not the big sky man who sits on a cloud as told by some guy in a dress from your childhood indoctrination in church.

No comments: