Monday, September 12, 2016

Save the... um... What Are We Saving?

Save the planet is really just a big lie. I wonder if we stopped calling it global warming, if we stopped saying we have to save the planet and started saying we have to save the human race, if people would act differently?

Because, you know, the planet will be just fine. It will repair the damage we have done in no time. I know human beings seem to like to think we are important, but with the age of the planet, the time we have been on board is just a mere blink of an eye. We are nothing, to the planet, nothing but a momentary aberration. Once we are gone, we won't be missed and we won't be remembered. The planet will obliterate any trace of us quickly, like wiping a bug from your shoulder, that is all we will amount to.

Perhaps, we should call it, Saving you goddam sorry arses because you are either too stupid, too lazy, or too dumb, to do it yourself. I wonder if that would work? (What would be the acronym?) SYGSABYAETSTLTDTDY? (It looks Welsh)

Again, with all things Global Warming, I don't care, I don't have any kids to live after me, but I am always surprised how complacent those with kids are. 

I figure that the planet will hold it together to see the end of my life time. I hope. 

I don't actually believe the human race deserves to survive, when half the population is starving and the other half of  the population is eating itself to death, throwing away up to 30% of the food they have because it doesn't look nice on a supermarket shelf... seriously fucked up.

The very wealthy continually try to screw over the very poor so the very wealthy can become more wealthy... sigh 

Business will tell us whatever lie it takes to make a profit... please read the fine print, as the goods may, in fact, not be what was advertised...

The very, very wealthy are actively campaigning against action on global warming because it is bad for business.

I could go on...

The experts say at the current rate, by 2100 the planet will be heading towards uninhabitable by human beings. Of course, there will be a mad scramble to fix the problem, lets say, by 2050, when the planet is seriously fighting back, which will probably involve draconian laws being bought into play in a desperate attempt to save our sorry arses, which will be really annoying for people like me who don't care about the human race's survival, who just want to be left in peace to live their lives.

"Yes, yes, you are all going to die," says the wizened up crone, waving a crooked finger in the air. "You were warned years ago and you took no notice. "It is too late, TOO LATE, I say! YOU WERE WARNED!"

Of course, I do care about the human race, how can I not, they are my tribe. But, if we can't stop fighting, killing, cheating, hating, polluting, lying, why should we be saved? The smartest animals don't shit in their own nest... and we think we are the smartest, the alpha being. So why are we destroying our own planet, seemingly,  without a care? If we are all overcome by our own greed, what is there to save? In an era when we should be preserving the planets resources, rampant consumerism seems to be the only answer?

No comments: