Friday, March 26, 2021

 


Cool cobweb.

We have a huge red and white spider who built this web. I have never seen a spider quite like it before, white legs and a red body, quite big, as big as, oh I don’t know, a knuckle. 

He built his web a couple of times in places where we walked into it, when we’d take the bulldogs out for their last wee before they’d go to bed. Sam and I would leap about like girls trying to pull the cobweb off ourselves, just in case, knowing what the spider looked like. 

(Oh, okay, the use of language that girls want boys to stop using. To be fair, I have quite a number of girlfriends who are terrified of spiders and who jump about as though they want to peel off their skin at the thought of a spider being on them. I don’t have any boyfriends who do that. I have boyfriends who’d simply brush spiders off their person, or, in fact let spiders walk over their hands. But, I’m sure we all get the point) 

But then the spider rebuilt its web out of our way as if it understood, or was sick of the squealing, or was tired of having to rebuild its web, or all of the above, and we have gone back to cohabitating together happily.


No comments: