Sunday, March 14, 2021

Now I Have Heard Everything

I was in a shop yesterday and there was, what looked like a mother and daughter, shopping near me.

The first thing that got my attention, read annoyed moi, was the mother had parked her arse on a chair on one side of the shop and she was giving advice to her daughter across the shop.

Oh yes, you know how thrilled this cranky one would be with that situation. Oh yes, thank you for willingly, or unwillingly, including me in your shopping experience today, I thought. Thrilled, I was thrilled.

I couldn’t quite work out what it was that they were actually doing, but the daughter had new bride written all over her. The little home maker. The type who would have definitely called herself Miss, until she could proudly announce to the world she was a Mrs.

I listened to their banter, back turned to them as thought I wasn’t listening. Well, I wasn’t listening, not willing.

So, I finally worked out what they were doing, making me say to myself, now I have heard everything.

The daughter was picking out books, I presume to go on her newly acquired coffee table, maybe they were for the book shelf, I don’t know I was only guessing, that best matched the décor of her lounge room. She was picking books according to colour.

Seriously? I thought.

Pretty little books all in a row. I was shopping with intellectuals.


2 comments:

MedicatedMoo said...

Ah yes, those people. Those books will be put on the IKEA kallax bookshelf in rainbow coloured order, won't they?

FletcherBeaver said...

I suspect they will. And probably, no one will ever tough them, except perhaps to dust.