Saturday, March 27, 2021


Sweet pies QV

Me, “Look at these glorious pies,” eyes out on sticks like boiled lollies, “we should have one.” (I'm sure there was drool)

Sam said, "No." He can be bossy, we know that.

Me, insert sad face emoji.

We’d just eaten Indian at Chilli Indian Melbourne Central for lunch. I’m sure I would have had more luck getting a sweet pie if we’d been hungry, I’m guessing.

I shopped at JB for Trueblood season 4. (the only one in the set I didn’t have, something I felt I have needed for the longest time, and now that I have it, I feel nothing. We are funny creatures, aren’t we?) Sam shopped at Big W, for iron-on patches for the continuing repair of our lounge room dog blanket. (The difference between Sam and I, I am sure Sam would tell you… ah, maybe it’s true?) A $600 name brand blanket we got for $150 – which may say it all, I guess – which started falling apart much sooner than I expected it to. It is now more patch than blanket, but I like the patched look, so I’m not really complaining. It's just a fact.


We’ve been watching Homeland – television watching has changed for all of us, I guess. We are intermittently binge watching Homeland. It’s good, I’d recommend it. That’s Homeland, and not intermittently binge watching, although I’d recommend that too, but, undoubtedly you have discovered that for yourselves. I want to follow that with Trueblood, but I wanted the entire series before we started. It’s not on any of the 3 streaming services we to which we subscribe, and I already had a number of the DVDs. I bought most of them for nothing in second hand DVD shops, but I couldn’t crack it for the 4th season. It’s been awhile since I first watched it, and I don’t think I ever watched the last season, maybe the last two seasons. I can’t remember now? Even that relatively short time ago – relatively is a relative term depending how old you are – it was free to air TV, which was a different world, you had to fit it in around life. I think it has been long enough now, however, when it could get its own binge watch. It’s a sexy show. I loved it. 


No comments: