Monday, November 13, 2023

Work Place Blah Blah

Monday morning, a joy in itself.

I am having to sit through the Work Place bullying, sexual harassment and discrimination training. Again! 

Why do we have to listen to this every year?

Oh, kill me now!

How many times have I sat through this? Wow! It is compulsory. This must cost companies money, as they are really hot on us all watching this every damn year. (pity they don’t take climate change as seriously)

At least I can now just let the training play in the back ground sound off as I do something else.

I can fudge the questions at the end, as I have done this so often. (They don't change)

I'm never really sure why religion is a Protected Attribute, I think it is just left over from the 1950s, when people were deludedly religious. All the other protected attributes are aspects of someone that they can't change. They are natural attributes.

Where religion is a chosen attribute. Religious people chose to be religious. In effect, it is always religious people inflicting their own choices on everyone else. Religious people can just choose not to be religious. Problem solved.

It's online. No questions, lovely. Just a complete button. That's because the company cares less about the employees and much more about the company's liability. The company doesn't really care if you watch it, or not, I guess, as long as it can claim you watched it, it will be ticketyboo.

Don't say anything to anyone at work, as your intension is irrelevant and now anyone can find, practically, anything you say offensive.

As if they haven't sucked all the joy out of work already, these laws just suck the office dry of fun. Don't say anything to anyone that isn't relevant to your job, that's the reality.

I have a pretty dark sense of humour, which is best kept to myself.

Having said that, I am never going to sexually harass, bully or discriminate anyone at work, I don't want that much angst coming at me, no thanks. I'm all for a peaceful life now a days. Head down, mouth shut, that's what they want anyway.

Say nothing.


No comments: