Sunday, March 10, 2024

And Then It Is Sunday

And suddenly it is Sunday, the days go by quicker and quicker, I swear.

I'm up early. I had a rather disturbing dream about a previous colleague/manager. Belinda H who, clearly in the grip of anorexia, ruled the finance department like a skeletal poster child for Donald Trump, making everyone in the department hate their job having to work under her until she'd fired each of us for some made up reason. I always guessed it was on the days her body dysmorphia was at its worst, that she’d stride out into the main office {think the scream of a T-Rex}  and pick a victim to destroy just to make herself feel better. In the dream I was transferred to her department to be her assistant. (in real life, I'd stopped talking to her long before she sacked me because she was just so unpleasant to deal with) Oh the horror! I was forced to sit with her,(I could smell the evil exuding from her pores like battery acid) together we solved all the departments long standing financial problems, me feeling I was in a hostage situation.

She needed an assistant as she spent most of her time in the company's sex room, down the staircase next to her office. She gazed at me in a self satisfied kind of way.

I sat up in bed with a start. "Ah! What the hell?" I was sitting up at 6am thinking, I must never go into that room. Wide Eyes. It is not an image to which I want to give any thought. Oh? Er? You could never unsee that.

Where does this shit come from?

And then I was awake. 


I switch off the air-con and I head downstairs. It was still dark outside.

I'm drinking coffee with Milo in front of the fan. The house is hot, as you may well imagine. I open the window and the back door but it is no cooler outside. Nobody else is up, just me and Milo, cuddled up to my left leg, in a rather 'too hot' kind of way, but he has to get his love where he can when the dogs aren't around, so I don't push him away.

We take the dogs for a walk at 8am. And it was hot already, there was a coolish breeze, but the sun was already hot.

The whole neighbourhood is walking its dogs before the heat.


No comments: