Thursday, September 02, 2004

Beside Myself With Joy

SMS. 7.36. Woman on the train with make up like a corpse! Very scary. People are pointing and whispering behind their hands. Is she actually a ZOMBIE?! – Tom

SMS. 7.43. Go over and ask her! “Now doll, what’s with the get-up?” – Christian

A little later...

“Miss! WHAT A FABULOUS DAY! I'm beside myself with joy! And I really can’t think why! *evil grin*,” said Tom. “I think the plan is to meet at Perry's around 11pm. Shall I meet you there?

“Some people would shudder in fear – Shane comes to mind,” I said. “Not sure why – and say there's TWO of you?”

Tom was attempting to role a cigarette.

“But Joy didn’t seem to mind the fact that there were two.” I said.

Tom had the cigarette paper in his mouth, retrieving the bag of tobacco.

“Maybe she was pointing more wildly than you at the freak in the make-up?” I said.

How he managed to get that tobacco rolled up like a cylinder and get a filter in, just like that, was beyond me. If I tired rolling cigarettes, everything just goes every where the minute I try to close the deal.

“Yes, let's meet at Perry’s.” I said.

Tom lit the cigarette and inhaled.

“How much money do I need to bring?” I asked.

“$150.00?” said Tom. “Fifty for me and I imagine seventy or eighty for Perry/Rob also The Peel costs twenty i think... plus drinks.” Tom smiled broadly and puffed again on his rolly.

“Now, who the gracious heavens is Joy??”

“Joy was sitting next to the both of you. She wasn't the one wearing the hideous make-up, was she?”

Tom looked perplexed. “I don't know Joy. I never saw her. I don’t know how she knows me.”

“She knows you all right,” I said. “She had some very interesting things to say about you.”

“Stop it!" said Tom. "I’m not meant to feel paranoid until Monday, surly!”

“Till Monday then!” I said.


No comments: