Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Conservative Values

The thing that really bugs me about the religious right, is that no one ever questions their right to freedom of religion, but they don't afford everyone else the same privilege. If they don't want to participate in stem cell research, gay marriage, abortion, euthanasia, whatever, they don't have to. It's not mandatory. But they form lobby groups to actively work against such things, effectively taking away everyone else's right to whatever it is they believe in.

The religious right can't help themselves, they have to inflict their ideas on everyone else.

Personally, I don't care how many embryos are destroyed to cure cancer and paralysis and diabetes and Parkinson's disease. I put my trust in the good doctors.

Even though I don't personally believe in gay marriage, particularly, I can't see any good reason why those who do, shouldn't be able to do so.

I think abortion should be legalised.

Nobody has the right to tell me that I must go on living, if I have decided that my life is too painful to continue with, especially with incurable disease.

The religious right has no qualms about making other people's lives miserable, just to further their own beliefs.

 

No comments: