Friday, October 13, 2006

Funny The Things You Think, Some Times

My brother moved to Brisbane a few years ago. The two of us have never got along, not that we didn't get along. We never fought or argued, we never disliked each other. We were never enemies. But, we never had much in common. We never had much to say to one another. There was no great brotherly love, not mates, not best buddies.

We're two such different people. He's a very straight, older brother. He's a right-wing family man. I'm a lefty, pot smoking poofter.

When he moved to Brisbane, I was happy for him, he had a good opportunity. I didn't think much else about it. I kind of thought it was fitting that we made the external distance match the internal distance, if I thought anything at all.

Suddenly, today, I just sort of started thinking about him. It suddenly dawned on me that with the current living situation, I will never get to know my brother. We don't have a chance this way. I can't just drop into see him, not that I ever have. It made me sad for the first time in my life.

Funny the things you think, some times. Hey?


No comments: