Monday, October 01, 2007

Pinch, Punch First of The Month

I got really busy, yesterday afternoon, and I chopped back the pesky Creeping Fig that I planted some years ago on my side wall. Originally, I planted two, at either ends of the laneway that is next to my house. The other one turned into a monster, some time back and when it threatened to turn the house into something that resembled Cousin It, it had to come down. The remaining creeper was, for some reason, a little slower and wasn’t a problem when gargantuan was removed. However, since then, it too has turned into a monster.

A ladder, a pare of secateurs and a sunny day was all I needed. I nearly got distracted on gaydar, but saw sense as soon as the cute boy named Patrick said he wanted to come over. My timing could have been better, but it did give me the impetuous to get up the ladder and get what I had intended to get done, before I fucked up the rest of the day, quite literally.

I got it done, yeah for me. Even when I felt like stopping, I was buggered. I pushed on, as I knew that if I left it there it would never get finished and arguably, it would have looked worse half chopped back than if I’d left it in the first place.

Anyway, my point is that this morning I had a blister on my finger from all the chopping and I decided that I just could go to work in that state.

So, here I am, home and luving it.


No comments: