Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lay Back and Enjoy the Day

What a beautiful day. I left the girls from work, at Bolago, sitting in the sun, chatting, relaxing, in Mark & Luke's hands and drove back down to the city around midday.

I've been stressing so much lately about stuff - it would be no surprise that I have an ulcer - well, not so much stressing as just over processing every thing. Just thinking non-stop about every little fucking thing. It's been doing my head in. I've just been worrying about every little detail of everything so badly. So, I needed a thought stopper. I needed something to stop my brain acting like a machine gun of what if's and what could be's.

The sun was dappled in my back yard, the tree ferns so green, the gum tree's smooth skin silver in the sun light. I got a blanket and a couple of large pillows and the novel my ex sent me down from Sydney. I got green tea and a bowl of grapes and a gentle breeze blew. I read for a few hours, slept for a few hours and then read again. I just tuned out for the afternoon. It was the best de-stresser.

It was glorious.

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox - Maggie O'Farrell.

I like her. She writes like me. Plenty of dialogue. It's just the way I write. It's good to see somebody else write in a similar way.


No comments: