Saturday, February 02, 2008

Saturday Morning with Simon

I saw Simon at the newsagent, this morning, when I was between buying a USB memory stick and coffee beans & a cherry muffin. My local coffee shop makes the best organic cherry muffins. I was buying the newspapers. He was buying tattslotto.

I didn’t speak to him. I didn’t acknowledge him. I ignored him, as I always have. We have sex together @ sex on premises venues, perform the most intimate acts on each other, but we don’t talk outside in the real world. We don’t acknowledge each other as people, being people. It's as though he belongs in a certain place in my life and it is only there that I'm going to know him.

He's nice, too. Quite presentable. Witty. Cute.

Funny really. The things we do.

It’s me, I can't blame Simon, although he doesn't say hello either. I just don’t think. It’s habit, a bad habit. As I was getting into my car, I thought, Why did you do that? As I turned the key in the ignition, I thought, You should go back in and say hello. As I drove away, I thought, Next time I will. It’s just ridiculous!

 

No comments: