Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lazy Tuesday

I took today off work just because I could, really. I'm feeling a bit anxious about every thing. Probably, a reaction to the anaesthetic. Wink. Better rest up. No use having a, um, er, relapse.

No use rushing back to work in times of illness. Why do any of us do it? Oh yes, money. Surprised look. :o

So, I'm of to The Fitzroy Gardens to read my book, for a few hours under the trees and then Smith Street for lunch and then I reckon I might go hunt down a boy for the afternoon.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Sounds like a nice day. smile.


5 hours later...

Ah beautiful. The sun, the sky, the park, the dappled sunlight scattered across the green, green grass. I ate fruit salad and drank coffee on the terrace at the cafe, in the middle of the park under the shade of the elms, and read the Age from cover to cover. It was gentle and quiet and serene.

There was a lady with two Ridgebacks at the next table, she was dainty and the dogs were well behaved. They had some kind of muzzles on, but the owner told the waitress they were just a way of controlling the dogs while they walked and that they weren't aggressive at all. There were a couple of mothers with preschoolers, who didn't annoy the crap out of me, surprisingly. I wondered about their little brats muzzles when they first walked up, but they played quietly as their mother's drank coffee and chatted.

There were joggers and soccer players and walkers and readers and sitters and snoozers all enjoying the glorious day. There were women with prams and elderly couples with each other and workmen with utes and girls with sun hats and Asian tourists with cameras and two men in suits holding hands - there really were, well, it is Fitzroy, after all, they looked adorable walking through the park.

I lay back and read my book under the elms. Some thing real. Bliss.


No comments: