Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday'itis

Monday night. It is cold. The heating has stopped working. Great!

Monday night. What a dreary night is Monday. The beginning of a soulless week, drifting into next week, drifting into next year, drifting into...

Just me, feeling lonely in a houseful of people. It's a cold and dark thing. Hibernate.

I bet Tony would agree. He was sent out into the world with his bags, today. Gone, not to return. He leaves for America on Thursday. Over. He sold up everything he had to come here. He's going home to nothing.

Mark just called and he asked if I’m alright. And I am. Winter blues, maybe. I feel blue. Don't know why?

A new week. Another Monday. Next!

I’m going to iron a shirt and go to bed. The usual, huh? I seem to be doing that a lot lately. Heading to bed, I should be running. It’s funny, you know, all the girls in my life scoff when I say I’m too fat, like it’s unbelievable that I would even think that.

The boys don’t – yes, you've put it on... luv. Smile.

The girls in the coffee shop call me handsome. They tell me dirty jokes, and try to sell me muffins.

Comfort food. I've given them up, I swear.

I should go to the movies more. Dark, but warm.


No comments: