Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday Too

I'm home again, it's a glorious sunny day, looking out from the inside with the central heating going and not being able to feel the chill in the air out side.

As much as I might deny it to myself, trying to convince myself that I'm just tired, I know I'm pissed off about my small pay rise and bonus; the pay rise is not even one hundred dollars a week and the bonus well, I'd like to tell them to shove it up their arses.

I don't know why I'm shitty about it, I know the process, I knew it was coming.

You see, what really shits me the most is the fact that our executive director of HR messed up the remuneration process, in the first place, by using a flawed model and she bought in a budget that was 600K short, which she reported to our COO. She knew her model didn't balance when she gave it to the analyst who was in charge of the details of the rem process. Our analyst told her quickly where the fault was and adjusted the forecast. After which, the exc director went about shaving every bodies ratings down in a desperate attempt to bring the rem increases within her models range, to save face mostly, but also to save her pay rise on her 500K salary and her 100K bonus.

This woman is absolutely useless, every thing she touches she messes up, usually finding someone to blame, generally a disgruntled staff member who has conveniently left the firm. I've seen it happen over and over. As one of the HR managers said to me recently, in hushed tones, "I'm still yet to determine exactly what value the exc director brings to the company."

Our nat director of HR would only say that she was a very driven woman.

She has scant knowledge of HR. I heard from a source at her previous employer that her departure was not regretted, although it would be denied by them.

The woman is a nightmare, everything she touches she seemingly fucks up. A number of HR managers have said that they don't want to ever have to report to her again.

But some how our CEO loves her. She has managed to win us a few awards, which seem to dazzle the CEO. Lets take Female employer of choice; I saw the data, I think she (finally, 10th attempt) cut it from April to March 2006/2007 with a totally unrelated base year of 2004. Essentially, she is so driven that fraud is a viable option for her. And the CEO is sucked in and the rest of us lesser mortals suffer through her incompetence.

How she keeps her job, is a complete mystery? I reckon, as clichéd as this is, she must be sleeping with the CEO. No other explanation fits.

Of course, I'm just a, relative, shit kicker in the company - even if I do have application knowledge that nobody in the firm has, being the connection between finance and HR - but it is end of financial year and they will be jittery about my absence. But they can just suck my dick while I lounge around at home contemplating life.

I should call a few agencies to see what jobs are on offer. I would, if I wasn't such a lazy bastard.

Did I mention that it was my 5 year anniversary this month. That should be long enough for anyone to work in one job.

So, 9.30. It must be time for a joint and a little brewed coffee, just to ease into the day.


No comments: