Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sebastian Goes Home

The beautiful Sebastian goes home to Italy, today. Cheeky, gorgeous, handsome Sebastian. He's been offered his old job back, tour guide in Europe. Taking tours all over the continent. He can speak five languages. Some people have it hard.

He told me I made him laugh, as we hugged in Bourke Street. He said he'd miss me.

Look after yourself, I said. I'll miss you lots.

Tight squeeze. I didn't want to let him go, he felt nice, safe, in my arms... for a straight boy.

I'll miss his, "Oh my gord," in his Italian accent, when he is amazed, or surprised by some thing.

I'll miss his fun and his enthusiasm and his coolness with the world.

I'll miss his coy, bashful look when I tell him something sexual. Or his playfulness, like when I told him I'd look when he suggested going to a nude beach.

Smart. Funny. Handsome. Such a nice, easy going guy. There should be more like him.

I'll miss him. Ah, well, I guess it is a good reason to go to Italy.


Apparently, we're all going to Greece, next year. Mark told me, as he, Luke & Sebastian had coffee with me in Bourke Street this afternoon. Sebastian's last coffee. Our friend Millie has a house in Greece, in the Peloponnese. I guess that makes up for this year. Luke is off to Cambodia on Sunday, for a month, to complete some work he did with orphans. Then he's meeting Mark in Vietnam for another month. He won't be home until the end of August. They didn't invite me.

"You wouldn't have been able to get the time off," said Mark, as his excuse.

"It still would have been nice to have been asked," I said.

"Get off your arse and start writing," said Mark. "Then you could have holidays whenever you liked."





No comments: