Monday, March 09, 2009

Blue Skies and Sunshine

This morning we had vodka and marijuana, for breakfast. That was it. Ug! The dance party was good, fun, good music, a couple of really out of it friends, in a good way, fun. Bouncing of walls, ceilings, floors, each other, to tell the truth, with a smile on their faces and a glint in their eyes. This morning was a different matter.

After two of them got up and took advantage of one of the two options on the menu and then went back to bed, I decided I should leave and find greener pastures. Read, I didn't feel like sitting around for hours until everyone surfaced again so I could help clean up. Not that I minded cleaning up, but the waiting around just sounded tedious. Get out now, my still, small voice was telling me. And the only thing Campbell forgot to pack in the caravan were the out door chairs. Twiddling my thumbs on a car blanket just didn't cut it for me. I guess, if I'd felt a little more social, I could have found some lesbians and dogs to play with.

The boys are all good sleepers and we didn't get to sleep until the pterodactyls, as Sebastian put it - he's a city boy through and through - were screeching in the trees at the first glint of day light. So there was no telling when they would all surface again. Particularly Sebastian, he'd bought the beautiful Nick with him, why would he want to get out of bed? Ever?

It was a beautiful morning, the sky was blue, the sun was hot. I was just a little too jangly to just sit and enjoy it. My in-built ohm was certainly on the blink.

And, in fact, I hadn't unpack my stuff out of the car, having only got there yesterday after my writer's group, so I picked up my jeans, doona, pillow and shoes and tiptoed to the car in my pajamas and drove to Bolago, where I got coffee and muesli and eggs and a lie on the couch, with reruns of Will and Grace for the rest of the afternoon, before I headed home.

I'm a little, shall we say, tired now.


No comments: