Sunday, March 29, 2009

Filth and Wisdom

I went to see Filth and Wisdom, Madonna's new film. She directs, mercifully for every one she doesn't appear in front of the camera, relegating so much film stock to the rubbish bin with her abysmal acting skills, as with all of her previous acting efforts. But, as with everything Madonna does it was more show than substance. Certainly better than anything she has acted in, but of course that wouldn't be hard. Okay, though. The old story, no good without bad, no light without dark. Nice character parts. A glimpse into a bunch of Londoners lives for a millisecond. No story. No plot. But, then again, for a, at best, second rate singer, best to keep it simple, I guess.

Actually, better than I expected, but the only film I did feel a twinge of boredom during the screening during MQFF. No story line to follow.

I'm not really sure why it was shown at a queer film festival either, as it had no queer content to speak of?


No comments: