Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Up, up and away

Off to sun and sea for a week. I've never been to the Gold Coast before, so there is a certain part of me that is, well, scared. You know Queensland? Ah! The only problem with Queensland are Queenslanders. They are a different race.

What's the difference between Queensland and a tub of yogurt? A tub of yogurt has an active culture.

Quick explanation for those who don't live in Australia, I come from Victoria the most culturally alive and progressive part of Australia. Queensland is where all the rednecks who marry their cousins live.

We are staying in a house on a canal... whatever that means? The only thing I know about it is that you can't swim in the canals because they are full of sharks and, sharks withstanding, you wouldn't want to swim in the canals anyway because of the pollution, from all the "wannabies" and their boats. The true miracle is that the pollution doesn't kill the sharks, apparently.

The other thing I know is that when I asked Tim what we were going to do for seven days, he looked at me like he didn't understand the question and then offered the answer in a rather bewildered tone, "Drink?"

I'm flying Jetstar for the first time,  - again for our over seas readers, our budget priced airline - which seems wholly appropriate when flying to Queensland.

So, wish me luck.

The only thing I need to find out is whether our house has WiFi?
Actually, with my computer addiction, such as it is, I have decided to leave my lap-top at home, it's a good chance to have a break from it. It's been, oh, ah, how many years since I haven't had my computer for five days? So, that should be interesting, hey?

No comments: