Thursday, January 20, 2011

Correct Answer

I was having lunch with Sam today – yes, all (almost) happy again – and he was giving me stick, in a light-hearted kind of way, about being lay Christian Fat Arse.

I replied, “What's with the attitude, don't you want me to come over and paint this weekend? Is that what you are saying?”

He stopped mid-sentence, his eyes widened and his mouth curled into a devious grin and he said, in a spider to the fly kind of way, "I dare you." Holding his gaze burning into me.

I felt a chill up my spine, a vibration right through my body. I nodded and winked. "I'll be there."

He pursed his mouth and nodded his head. "Correct answer."

I was charmed by it, to tell you the truth. I was so attracted to him at that moment. I'm not, really, sure what that says? He was back to his old self, I guess.

Shitty for a week, though. Boyfriends? Fuck!


No comments: