Tuesday, February 08, 2011

I Can't Work On My Days Off

I'm expecting grief from the control freak, anorexic, bitch department manager today, because I told my manager I can't, actually, work on my days off. Fancy that, I can't work on my days off. Who'd have thought?

But the anorexic bitch department manager is going to shit! She's told me I have to be available.

"You know, your flexible work hours." She swung her rat face around fully in my direction for full effect.

It took my breath away - skeletal comes to mind.

The trouble is, my contract doesn't, actually, say that. First thing you do, go back and check the contract. Hands in the air. What the anorexic bitch thinks is written there and what is, actually, written there are two different things.

Does anyone else see the problem here? Her biggest gripe with me is about days I don't actually work.

So, I decided to bring it to ahead and I told my manager last week that I can't work Mondays or Fridays because of my sick mother. I'm involved in her therapy and her care. I don't know how long she will know me. It is very sad, quite heart breaking really.

"So are you saying that you can never work Mondays or Fridays?" says my manager. No commiserations, no wiping a tear from the corner of her eye, no reaching out to pat my hand. That was the only response I got. That was the empathy. The full sick mother story and all.

It's awful, really... working under these circumstances. But not long now, I'm resigning May 30th. Count them down.


No comments: