Thursday, February 24, 2011

What a Beautiful Morning

What a beautiful morning. I headed over the road to post a letter around 9.30am. The sun was shining there was a gently breeze. The world glowed in it's gentleness. There is nothing quite so lovely as that glow of the new "dayness" of the morning, before the full heat of the day time sun kicks in. Everything is fresh again, everything is bright, the future looks rosy. The world opening up.

I was going to work until Sam messaged me and asked if I was going to work. It wasn’t until that point that I stopped and thought, Oh is there a choice?
I‘d been listening to the radio bang on about the Christchurch earthquake since long before my alarm was due to go off. I’d been awake since sometime before 7am relaxed and thinking how sad it was that I didn’t really have time to drift off back to sleep, when I gave in and turned my alarm off and the radio on and listened to what they had to say.

After watching it all on TV last night as well, all I could think was that the news agencies are lying on their backs with their hands firmly up their snatches, slurp, slurp, slurp! Another disaster.

Sometime later...
I had lunch with Sam in the city, as bold as you like. Sick day? What do I care!
The one concession I did make was that I walked around the edges of the CBD to get there, which lead me through the Exhibition Gardens. I lay on the grass for some time on the way back. I had all day. I sent messages to Sam telling him how hard life was, as I felt the cool blades of grass on my skin. It's lovely that feeling, fresh, green grass against your arms and legs.
Ha, ha, he said. Do something you lazy arse!
The grass was lush, the sky blue with fluffy clouds as I lay under the branches of the tall elm tree.

I bought an extra tattslotto ticket on the way back, if I win work will simply never hear from me again. Not a word.

Now my brewed coffee is ready. Lovely.

Then I played with photos of Volkswagens for the rest of the afternoon. You know, as you do. Give me a tattslotto win and I could really piss my life away, no doubt about that.

No comments: