Monday, February 07, 2011

Performance Review

I made a list, yesterday, of what I should do today. You know, get organised, have a schedule. There's only one way not to piss away the day... make a list. Have a plan. Set your course.

I'd crossed everything off that list before my first coffee was brewed, this morning. Funny, hey. I was so earnest about it last night. Get organised. Ha, ha!

Everything but my performance review, I have to complete that, I've just got to, as my name is pretty much mudola around the office, round about now. All day today, that's what I'm going to be doin... oh, I so hate it.

I know they are not used in our gradings and pay rises. There has to be a certain number, or percentage, along the J curve... that's how it works. This just keeps HR in work and gives the company the appearance of doing something for the staff. So, it's hard completing this nonsense, when I know that's exactly what it is.

Still... I made notes on Friday, so it shouldn't be too hard. Bang it out, get it done, don't think any more about it. I know how to talk the talk and walk the walk. Let's face it, that's what it's about.

If only I could stop procrastinating?

Oh look, the kitchen floor really does look a fright, I should just give it a quick once over.


No comments: