Friday, June 01, 2012

Out of it for the Weekend, Starting Early Friday

The sun is shining brightly into the back yard through the trees and we are gazing at its rays, they are like crystal. Shards of light coming into land sideways. The yellow begonia and the pink impatience are bright against green of the trees and the blue of the sky and the brown of the earth.

Shane has headed to Sydney for the weekend to see his boyfriend and we have the house to ourselves. Did I mention that, he has an interstate relationship going on. He's a nice guy, though, a gym head.

Shane’s been going back to the gym diligently, ever since he met him. The wine is out, the fags are out, the macrobiotic diet is in.

The sun is shining, it is a beautiful winter's day. Sure, there is a chill in the air to tell us exactly what month of the year we are in, but it is quite lovely despite that. Clean and fresh.

The open fire is burning. I'm home with my baby.

We called up Guido, you know, just to brighten the colours, turning the fire orange and the sunlight golden. I'm just waiting for him to call back to tell me where, you know, (New York accent) "it's goen down."

I’m sure I was a criminal in a past life, I’m so drawn to all the cloak and dagger stuff. Well, I guess I’m leaning more on the side of Cluedo and not so much on the side of Underbelly, you understand.

No comments: