Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday, Saturday

I dreamt last night that I was in a kind of outdoor area, under a pergola with vines on it, sitting at long tables, maybe it was a kind of vineyard.  My old boss Beck was there and we were trying to work, in what was like a big outdoor office, in the open, under the vines. It was all about work and working together. We were trying to prove our knowledge, or were we admitting our deficiencies, or we were negotiating new employees. 

We were drinking tea. 

We were eating ice creams which were prizes given out. At which point, there seemed to be a group of us all sitting in a large, old fashioned, kind of hunting lodge, lounge room, listening to awards being given out. 

Maybe we were recruiting staff for new jobs. It could have been a lottery, a job lottery.

I think, maybe, I have work on my mind.

We got up at 10am, kind of late. We ate breakfast. We cuddled Buddy, whose bite on the inside of his cheek seemed okay. 

We headed down to Victoria Street. It was a grey day, we had to take an umbrella. It started to rain half way to Abbotsford, I popped the umbrella over our heads. It was kind of romantic walking in the rain. I like winter, I like how changeable it is, how cool it is, how interesting.


We ate Pho and shopped for groceries. I love the cut and thrust of the fresh fruit and veg stands. I love the little old ladies selling their goods on the corner. Fuck it, I even love the drug dealers, they add a touch of spice. “Is he? Isn’t she? What just happened then? Did you see that?”

We bought moon cake, I have never had moon cake.


I wanted to take one of those baskets on wheels from Woolies to wheel all of our purchases home in comfort, but Sam wouldn’t let me.

“You do realise that is considered stealing?”

I guess I couldn’t claim that I’d take it back like I do with trollies from Fitzroy Woolies.

“Can you imagine what would happen if everybody did that?”

“Yes, nana, I understand that the fabric of our society would break down through my actions.”

“Good boy. Now pick up those plastic bags and start walking.”

 

No comments: