Saturday, April 12, 2014

As the Guitar Gently Strums in the Background...

I lit my first fire for the year. That first burn, it goes off like a rocket from all the debris that has been thrown into the hearth over summer.

The back French Doors are open and the cool breeze is blowing in swirling the hot air from the fire around the room, like the heat is being gently folded through the breeze. 
I’m smoking pot and writing my journals.

I’m having my very own Better Midler Festival, playing all her albums from start to finish, every one of them, first track to the last.

I'm good at being on my own. I've always been happy in my own company. I always have something to do, that I never feel like I get time otherwise to do.

Just as well, Buddy has deserted me for the comfort of the pillows of my bed. I’ve retrieved him twice, with the words, I need one of my guys around me, but he doesn’t stay. Lazy couch potato bulldog.


I ate hot cross buns and two ice creams, I bought a box.


I'm having a Bette Midler festival, playing her albums from the first to the last, right the way through

And I have just made a Patti La Belle mixed tape on iTunes, it took me all afternoon. All the songs I don’t have on any of her albums, and the remixes as well.

Could I get any gayer?

No comments: