Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Summer Slowly Seeps Away

It's cold. My feet are cold. The summer is slowly draining out of the year, I can feel it in my toes, sitting here sockless in my dressing gown. My coffee warms me, my muesli milk cools me. I have to get ready to go to work. Tick, tick, tick  the time is slipping away.

8.02, sadly I really have to hustle along. How I'd like to sit here for the rest of the day. It is always amazing how time seems so much more delicious when it is meant for another purpose. I've got almost fifteen minutes before I have to go. Eleven, to be exact, in an inexact measure  And I am still not dressed. I still haven't finished my coffee. Bugger.

Groan. Gotta go. Work, work, everybody has got to work. Otherwise, how do the billionaires make another billion, if the little people don't do their little jobs? I ask you? And as One Term Tony Abbott Captains the SS Australia deftly back to the 1950s we'll all be working longer, so it would seem, and for less pay if One Term Tony has his way, to make the rich richer, to make all of the Liberal Party's financial supporters a bucket load of extra cash.

No comments: