Monday, October 31, 2016

Is It Monday Again?

Last day of October. 31st. 55 days until Xmas. (Oh my f'ing G'd...) Ho Ho Ho. Jesus fuck me christ the year just disappeared. ("Oh don't say that, dear." I can still hear Lottie's voice, even if she has been dead for 10 months. "It's not nice." Dear mum. 2 fingers in the air, "Fuck them," I say) Snap of the fingers. Like all good homosexuals, the year just went Poof!

(And to that dark-haired boy, who was surely of age, walking up from the beach, outside the Sommers Post Office Cafe, Saturday afternoon, dressed only in baggy black shorts... I'd sure like to see you go poof! Young and beautiful. Did he know I was checking him out the way he slid his arse up onto that handrail?) Ah Summer, I'd forgotten about all of your delights.

But I'm getting sidetracked...

Monday morning.
I got out of bed at 10am, as you do. Buddy and Milo had been snuggled up to me in the doona, Buddy stretched out next to me, Milo between my legs, between my knees sound so much nicer, hey? curled in an arch. I'd been reading about halfbikes, they look like lots of fun, and the sun was shining in through my balcony doors, so I leapt out of bed all inspired. (I don't know about all of you, but with the state of the world today, I am finding it more and more difficult to get out of bed in the mornings. Halfbikes seemed as good a reason as any... and it is healthy and exercise...)

"Come on Bud," I said. Buddy followed me downstairs.

As soon as I leapt out of bed, however, the sun dimmed, and as Bud and I thundered down the stairs it disappeared behind a cloud and the day looked suddenly very grey. Sam sent me a message that we already have 3 bikes that we didn't ride, which are near on impossible to store out of sight in a terrace house, and that rushing out and buying a half bike was a really stupid idea. He then gave me 4 things, read chores, that I should do rather than buying something new. Boohoo.

Buddy and I looked at each other, the wind somewhat taken out of our sales.

Nerh. The sun has come out again, I'm off for an hour's walk. No bike riding today. 

PS. I found a half bike on gum tree for 1/3 of the price, I'll call tonight to see if it is still for sale.

Just by the way...

As we walked home from haircuts and lunch in the CBD yesterday, Sam said, "I want to buy a game controller, (that I'll probably never use), you have to come back into the city again later." This went on for 3 hours and I was meant to play along diligently, unquestioningly. 

We had to wait for Jill to come back from Queensland to pick up Bear who we'd been minding for the last week. Of course, her plane was late leaving the Gold Coast, so she didn't get to our place until late in the afternoon... blah, blah, blah.

7pm. We were on the steps of the GPO meeting the guy with the half price controller... I can't tell you how many times I've been in the Sunbury train station car park, or some such place, meeting Igor, buying goods out of the boot of his car with Sam.

"How do you know they're not stolen?" I ask.
"Who cares," Sam replies. "It looks legit."

... so I reckon he can support me in my half bike search.

Anyway, I'm going for a walk. The sun is out again.

Listening to Leo Sayer, Giving It All Away.

No comments: