Monday, October 17, 2016

The Sun Blazes

I bought pot, last Thursday. It was an absolutely glorious day, what else was a boy to do. (Sam read this over my shoulder, and then supplied me with a rather detailed list of alternatives) I was cleaning up around the house and I thought to myself, self? It would be much nicer doing this stoned, so I got some. Sam was furious, quiet not speaking kind of, um, er, furious. (roll of the eyes, grimace)

This morning he told me not to get anymore, as he always does. Something about not showing consideration, "You are taking me down this slippery slope with you, are you aware, I hope you are pleased with yourself." Grit teeth fury. 

What can I say, the boy is no fucking fun. 

Again suggesting that he does not partake, is, apparently, not the correct answer here, just in case anybody wants to avoid the new burst of fury such a suggestion brings forth. However, Master Sam is going to Brisbane for work, on Wednesday.

Shake of the head. "Tutt tutt. You are not going to be here?"

"Do you think you are funny?"

I told him that he had a major problem with his argument, he is going to Brisbane on Wednesday, and he won’t be here.

“Left under my own supervision on Wednesday,” I said. Sharp inhale of breath threw gritted teeth. “That's where it all falls down, sunshine." I was doing my best impersonation of a Chicago gangster, I am not sure why? "I can’t be held responsible.”

He made threats to beat me. (Truthfully, before anyone takes that seriously, he occasionally gives me a very gay slap on the arm if he is really cross) The usual Armageddon type stuff.


I wrote a whole piece about me and Alex my year twelve boyfriend at school, I have written about it before, this was the next instalment, but I decide not to publish it, its not cooked yet. It needs to say more to warrant its existence.


Sam says I eat, and eat, and eat, and get fat when I am stoned. He says I am asleep on the couch by 7pm, that's how much fun me being stoned is. And am I seriously going to give up work and become a pothead for the rest of my life. Stuff like that.

I ask him why he makes any of that sound like a problem?

He does some rather angry interpretations, that are purported to be me, I feel like I am in a scene from Absolutely Fabulous, Sam is Saffy and I am Edina.


I ask him when he is going to work?

I stumble to the door, which for some reason I find awfully amusing, I am not sure why, which didn’t build my case, I am aware. Sam is saying something to me that involves the physical description of his pointer finger and thumb being held close together, the meaning of which I fail to grasp.

The morning sun is suddenly burning brightly, every vampire got a shiver and none of them know why, as the front door is swung open. I kiss him good bye on the hearth, then wave my hand and make kissy faces until he turns the corner and is out of sight.

The sun blazes, its long shadows contrast starkly with the red brickwork of the fence.


No comments: