Friday, November 11, 2016

Early Morning, Rise and Shine

I tossed and turned. Milo was on top of me wanting pats. I wondered if it was 6am, as yet. I glanced at the clock to see it was 2.30am. Damn!

I woke a bit later, what seemed like a bit later, I tossed and turned again. I looked at the clock and I thought it said nearly 5am.

When I got up it was some how 4.15am.

I rolled a joint and made a cup of coffee.

5am. I had my second joint.

Blog Drafts 231.

It is good getting up early, especially when you have fallen asleep the night before at 7.30pm. I get a lot of writing done. It is my time to write. By the time Sam goes to work, I am done, my writing is done for the day. I have been setting myself goals in the Amy and Lillian stories, just titles, really. I keep writing down the titles, then I see if I can write a story to the title. It is just a writing exercise, something to get me writing. They have been my writing doodles, the things I have been writing when I am stoned, so that I am at least writing something. I have got my writing advanced that far, (not looking at social media endlessly and at least writing) and while what I might be writing now with these stories is rubbish, at least I am writing something. It is the equivalent of scribbling on the paper next to the phone, while you are waiting for the hold music to stop. I’ve realised I need plot and structure to write, even if it is just a story title.

Sam goes to work at 8am.

8.30am. I get ready and go for my hour walk. Everyday, that way I can spend the rest of my time sitting on my bum.

No comments: