Monday, November 21, 2016

It Was Hot

It was 38, apparently, 35 degrees today. Buddy and I stayed inside all day in the quiet out of the sun, doors and windows closed. It felt like a tropical snow dome. (Stellaaa!) I sweated, you know that kind of semi wet feeling under your clothes that makes you feel kind of slippery. Shorts and t-shirt, of course. (first time for the year) My favourite loose fitting t-shirt naturally, (the one I wouldn't be caught dead in outside the house) but I still felt sticky and wet, still do. I don't know how Buddy felt inside his bulldog suit, as such, (dogs are always 10 degrees hotter, apparently) but he did lay like a dead dog by the couch.

Ah the hot weather, it has only just arrived. It seemed to be a very long winter and quite a cool spring, up until this point. We were all wondering what gives with the cool weather? We had the central heating on until October, which is unheard of. It was warm on the weekend and I was already beginning to whinge about the heat. Oh the summer is nearly here. Yay.

Today it was hot and windy. And then it rained late in the day and that just made it humid indoors. It was 35 degrees at 5.30pm and then 20 degrees at 6.30pm. Whoosh.

Tomorrow it is going to be 15 degrees. Lovely. That's Melbourne and I quite like it that way, as there is always relief from the heat.

No comments: