Friday, March 17, 2017

Bellybutton Fluff In Your Phone

I've got expensive headphones to wear on my walk to work, but I don't use them. Those big muff types are just too hot in the summer, and I end up with sweat rolling down each side of my face.

So, I use the standard fit into my ear earbud type headphones now.

I had an iPhone 6plus, but I hated it, it was just too big. I couldn't sit down, or bend down, or squat down without taking it out of my pocket, of making some kind of adjustment for it. So, I gave it to Sam's sister and she gave me back my iPhone 5 that I had given her when I got the 6plus.

So, my phone is now getting kind of old, older than I usually have. Stupid really, it works perfectly fine. Mad consumerism is killing the planet and although I speak against it, I am really just a part of it, clearly.

My earbud headphones have been cutting out, every time I sit down, stand up, scratch my arse, when I move around. It seemed to me that the jack into which the headphones plug was the problem. So, I was wondering if I had made the wrong decision swapping back to my old phone.

I persisted, but it continued and it was annoying.

Finally, I mentioned it to Sam. "My bloody phone, the music keeps cutting out."

He handed me a wooden tooth pick. "Here, slide that into the jack and see if there is any fluff in there."

It was like pulling tape worms out of your arse. I have never pulled tape worms out of my arse, but I could imaging what it would look like if I did. Long worms of dust came out of the jack. They just kept coming, far more than I could ever have imagined would be in there. Incredible really. Like my headphone jack was some kind of fluff Tardis.

Now my headphones work perfectly, they don't cut out at all.
And I don't need a new phone, and the planet can breath a sigh of relief. Who'd have thought.

No comments: